Hello and welcome to ShadowRoleplay please register or sign into your account. Having troubles check the FAQ.
Hello and welcome to ShadowRoleplay please register or sign into your account. Having troubles check the FAQ.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the site enjoy....

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello People

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jangetta
Beginner
Beginner
Jangetta

Hello People Empty
PostSubject: Hello People   Hello People Empty31/10/2011, 2:57 pm

Few comments I have after viewing your RPs and such:
#1 I'm sorry but OOC is not how you talk out of character. Any RPer from any other site anywhere who has some experience in it would use (()), {{}}, or [[]].

#2 You do NOT centralize a story on YOUR characters. When you start a story you start along the lines such as this:

Ex: The world, ravaged and desolated by war, bloodshed, and hatred, leaves almost no trace that any animal or beast ever lived peacefully with one another in harmony. This world, so bare and unlivable, has now come to slowly rejuvenate itself and now creatures and some of the humans who witnessed or caused this barren wasteland are trying to survive on the deeply scarred Earth.
Unfortunately there are those creatures that almost demand the earth stay this way, those who are dark, lonely and terrorizing in this environment and find the earth more suitable to conquest and rebuild for their own purposes.
What side do you choose? Are you one for a barren wasteland or one to try to create a more peaceful atmosphere and take to trying to heal Mother Earth's deep, deep scar.

This gives all people a chance to join roleplays and not have one person be the main character. That's just kind of a 'LOOK AT ME I DO EVERYTHING' feeling from the person who started it. In turn, if I ever joined a roleplay like it, I might commit suicide by the fourth post.

#3 In reference to number two, as you can see, you might need to change your characters around for this. Yes, this means different roleplays require different characters. I'm sorry but each roleplay is not going to focus on war. I create a different character not on the roleplay I want to make, but on what the story requires me to make. The '7 character maximum' rule, to me, is just plain stupid. I NEVER play the same person or people in more than one roleplay. I find it kinda dumb. We all fall in love with a character, but I fall in love with the storyline (yes, note 'storyline' not 'storylines') the character takes part in as well.

#4 If you are using '**' or '--' to declare actions I'm sorry, I am never roleplaying with you ever. They are for noobs, go to gaiaonline.com in the noob roleplays that ALL RELATE TO GODDAMN NARUTO, BLEACH, VAMPIRES AND FINAL FANTASY for that.

#5 The proper way to write a post:
The wrong way:
I gave her the token, with a small smile. I watched as she looked at me carefully and then took the token from me. "Well we are not getting very far today are we? With all those monsters and whatnot?"

The RIGHT way:
He placed the token in her palm and stood up to stretch his weary limbs. The wind blew softly through his hair as he smiled down at her. He sighed happily and looked at the horizen, "We aren't getting far today are we? With all the monsters and whatnot attacking us at every step."

Notice the tense and also the way I did not refer to the people and myself as 'I'. You do NOT call yourself 'I' in a roleplay. You are not the person, your character is another person completely seperate from yourself. WRITE IT LIKE YOU WOULD A THIRD PERSON BOOK GODDAMMIT
Back to top Go down
Ninjastorm45
Adept
Ninjastorm45

Hello People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello People   Hello People Empty31/10/2011, 7:31 pm

MY PERSONAL OPINIONS TO THIS:

1) Sure, I'll do that.

2) If my dude isn't all that powerful and/or Skilled, is it really gonna be all "LOOK AT ME DUDE! I'M SUPER AWESOME", no... I'm not gonna be like that...

3) Yes, I have a personal favorite (Knoll)... But I use the dude's that I feel are good for the RP.

4) I already said I'll start typing my comments like you guys.

5) I already do that...
Back to top Go down
Jangetta
Beginner
Beginner
Jangetta

Hello People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello People   Hello People Empty31/10/2011, 8:38 pm

Another rant session:
When people are literate and giving you PARAGRAPHS OF RESPONSE HOLY Poop LOOK AT THOSE PARAGRAPHS the polite thing to do is NEVER GIVE A PERSON A ONE LINER. TALK ABOUT THE GRASS, AREA, THOUGHT PROCESS, ANYTHING THAT WILL GIVE THE PERSON SOMETHING CREATIVE TO SPIN OFF OF OR GO ON WITH.
Back to top Go down
Jangetta
Beginner
Beginner
Jangetta

Hello People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello People   Hello People Empty31/10/2011, 9:05 pm

Ninjastorm45 wrote:
MY PERSONAL OPINIONS TO THIS:

1) Sure, I'll do that.

2) If my dude isn't all that powerful and/or Skilled, is it really gonna be all "LOOK AT ME DUDE! I'M SUPER AWESOME", no... I'm not gonna be like that...

3) Yes, I have a personal favorite (Knoll)... But I use the dude's that I feel are good for the RP.

4) I already said I'll start typing my comments like you guys.

5) I already do that...
Yes, because you centralize the entire story when you start the story around YOUR character. That's not something everyone is willing to enjoy. If you want a story centralized around a character write your own book on it. Create a setting and a problem or crisis several different characters are going to have to face, work, emotionally pull through together or against one another. Stories starting centralizing on one person are not going to enthrall, excite, or want people to join your story.
Back to top Go down
Ninjastorm45
Adept
Ninjastorm45

Hello People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello People   Hello People Empty31/10/2011, 9:21 pm

Come on... You have to admit that everyone likes an RP that is centralized around a character... Swane's Revenge is gonna be like that... if you don't like how I set it up, then don't comment in that. Most of my ideas are like what you said, just that one is about one kid...
Back to top Go down
Jangetta
Beginner
Beginner
Jangetta

Hello People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello People   Hello People Empty1/11/2011, 2:57 pm

Ninjastorm45 wrote:
Come on... You have to admit that everyone likes an RP that is centralized around a character... Swane's Revenge is gonna be like that... if you don't like how I set it up, then don't comment in that. Most of my ideas are like what you said, just that one is about one kid...
I have to argue with you on two points, first off, I did not comment in it. I commented here, and second who ever told you they liked RPs that are centralized around a character? Have YOU ever personally RPed with an RP centralized around a character that was not controlled or created by you? I have, and it's so boring because everything is created by that ONE person.
Back to top Go down
Ninjastorm45
Adept
Ninjastorm45

Hello People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello People   Hello People Empty1/11/2011, 5:43 pm

Well... I recall Ari (Braveshadow) posting in "Swane's Revenge" saying, "This is awesome." so... I think that counts as one, anyone else? And yeah, i'm in a group on Facebook that has a crapload of RPs centralized around one dude. And everyone there seems to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Akunin
Akunin

Hello People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello People   Hello People Empty5/11/2011, 4:55 am

The...the animosity...the devastation...the hilarity. I...oh, God, really?.

Ok. I don't even need to respond to all of your points. I was going to, but after reading all the points you brought up, I only need to say one thing that trumps all of your points.

1. Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it a fact.

Seriously? This is ridiculous. You're saying the first person is an improper way to rp? That's like me thinking aloud "Hm, I should go to the bowling alley today." at the lunch table, and then Brave coming up and smacking me across the back of the head with his tray because I didn't think in the third person.

"I'm sorry but OOC is not how you talk out of character. Any RPer from any other site anywhere who has some experience in it would use (()), {{}}, or [[]]." Did you seriously just spout your opinion and try to belittle anyone who didn't share it? I-

No, no. I said I wasn't going to address everything in your post. I'm not even going to begin on the thing about a character being what you would call main in a story.

I'm locking this thread, because you don't even need to reply. Before you post anything else in discussions, I would think about taking others opinions into consideration.
Back to top Go down
xXBraveShadowXx
Admin
xXBraveShadowXx

Hello People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello People   Hello People Empty5/11/2011, 5:42 am

Jangetta, I can very well see that you seem to be very upset. I am sorry If the site has upset you any way.

.There are 7 character slots because honestly how many RP's are your going to do? Yes, it would be great to not have a limit, but when moderating the site not being able to get on a computer alot and having limit time it makes it easier to organize things this way. I have to make sure people are being appropriate and not GOD MOD.

'As for the format and how people Roleplay. Everyone may Roleplay the way that suits them. Some like BEING the character some don't like yourself. Don't go insulting people like that. It's simply not nice you don't know these people. What gives you the right to judge them so harshly. I believe you have some strong arguments but in the end they are opinions and like most opinions everyone has one.

.Last If you have such a problem just create your own Roleplay and show them how it's done instead of cutting people down or If you feel like this site Isn't up to par with your honorable roleplaying standards you may resign and delete your account. Me I don't want that, some people might be glad because you created a hostel atmosphere. Not sure If your familiar with this term
"Troll"
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

If you ask me this has been a major Troll moment. So lets put this awful Troll moment behind us now and just agree to disagree. Everyone has their own way. You stand firm behind your way so it is fine. ^^

Please don't take offence to the term it's the only word I can think of besides disturbance. I only use this term because you never get on this site and the time you do it was to cause a public disturbance. We bpth know there could have been a more polite way of addressing the problem.

Posting it in the FAQ.
Contacting one of the moderators.
Or simply asked Kimmy (Athiron) for Christ sake and she could relay the messages to me.

I am sorry just looking at this from an outside view of an average person.
Lol that be enough from me and my ranting ^^ I couldn't get sleep so I thought checking this I might find something nice, but after seeing this I guess I shouldn't expect niceness from the internet. (Rubs neck in pure agony over this situation)

Goodnight Shadow Roleplay update ya later. Cloud

Back to top Go down
https://shadowroleplay.forumotion.com
Athiron
Upperclass
Upperclass
Athiron

Hello People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello People   Hello People Empty5/11/2011, 1:21 pm

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and everyone has their own style of writing RP's.
Let's settle with that and drop it, m'kay?
The end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello People   Hello People Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello People
Page 1 of 1